This image has been scaled down to fit your computer screen. Click on it to show it in the original size.

1929 Stutz Model M LeBaron Dual Cowl Phaeton
Engine: Straight 8
Displacement: 332 Cubic Inches
Horsepower: 113 BHP
Cost New: $5,545.00
         In 1911, the first Stutz was designed and built, in less than five months, to run in the inaugural Indianapolis 500. Its 11th place finish was impressive and inspired the slogan "The Car That Made Good in a Day." Harry C. Stutz formed the Stutz Motor Car Company in 1912 and it quickly developed a reputation for introducing Americans to the sports car. The company's Bearcat and Mercer Runabout both had large engines and very little bodywork. This made the Stutz line attractive for racing by both private and factory-based teams. Stutz quickly became a name known very well in competition. The company traded heavily on this racing history and the Bearcat, which was produced until 1925, was a world leader in performance.
         Frederick E. Moskovics took over the presidency of Stutz in 1925. His addition of styling based on the European car builders along with greater attention to detail greatly improved the performance and handling of the outdated Stutz line.
         This elegant vehicle was crafted by LeBaron Carrossiers in Detroit, Michigan. There was a relatively small number of this Model M series produced, which makes it one of the rarest, as well as one of the most attractive, Stutz motor cars produced.